One's trash is Jessica Mai's treasure!
It is no secret that I, Jessica Mai, am addicted to shopping.
No matter where I go, I always manage to find something that I can purchase. Whether it be in malls, boutiques, drugstores, convenient stores, gas stations... I have been blessed with the ability to turn any trip into a shopping trip(my boyfriend dislikes).
Usually, leaving a store, with a purchase in hand, delivers me a strange feeling of contentment. Now, If the purchased item was on SALE, this strange feeling is accompanied with excitement, more happiness, and pride. HAHA (As though I performed an award worthy accomplishment)
However, to me, the best shopping experience is, without a doubt, thrift-store shopping!!! Reason being...
- High quality items, for low prices
- Items are unique, one-of-a-kind / no longer sold in stores
- Household items, clothes, jewellery, books, shoes etc.. are all in 1 store
- I am giving back to the community (My local thrift stores donate a large portion of their profit to the hospital and youth help line)
- I am reducing, reusing, & recycling
Thrift stores provide all of the above, and I am still SHOPPING!
This past weekend, I was suppose to clean my messy room. Instead, I added to the clutter, and did a little thrifting. :)
lovely strand of white pearls: $1
blue velvet GAP blazer: $5
faux croc leather and gold metal belt: $1
silk scarf: $1
<- MY FAVOURITE PURCHASE
I think it is a pastry or cookie display, however I am using it to keep my lip products and jewels.
GRAND TOTAL OF $18 plus NO TAX! wahoooie!